Digkuns > Digterminologie

Metonimia

(1/3) > >>

PM:
Metonimia - me-to-ni’mi-a, metonimie – me-to-ni-mie -
'n Stylfiguur waarby 'n eienskap wat by iemand of iets hoort, in plaas van, vir die benoemde gebruik word.
Bv. Hy lees Langenhoven.
Die soldaat het lood geëet.
Ek het 'n lekker bord geëet.
Die kroon is in die moeilikheid.
Jy is ʼn vlieg – baie lastig. 

Meraai vannie Baai:
Voete van lood, sou dit nou hierby inpas vir die swaarmoedige wonder ek nou?

Naas:
My ouma het ook een van daai "meto-goete" gehad maar dis gelukkig kleindood en het geen invloed op my kennisdam gemaak nie.

:icon_bigsmurf:

PM:
Ek het hierdie bladsy gou vertaal en "afgekyk".  Hoop dit help vir nog meer voorbeelde.

Metonymy
Definition:
Metonymy in the literature refers to the practice of not using formal word of an object / subject and instead refer to it using a word that is closely linked to the formal / word name. It is the practice of replacing the main word with a word that is closely linked to it.
Example:
1. When we use the name "Washington DC" We are talking about US policy "and its tricks, referring to the political capital of the United States, because all important political institutions such as the White House, the Supreme Court, US Capitol and many more are there. The phrase "Washington DC" is the metonymy of US government in this case. Other examples: 2. - "the best feather of universal Literature is Cervantes" - and that was one of the best writers of his time. 3. - "the collar". 4. - "Picasso" (it is understood that it is a painting by Pablo Picasso). 5. - "It is the absolute master of those dollars," referring to the master of those places. More examples: 6 - "I pledge allegiance to the flag" → swear allegiance to the whole country. 7. - "I like to always drink a good Rioja" → Rioja wine (origin). 8. - "I was so hungry I ate two plates" → eat the contents of two dishes did the dishes themselves. 9. - "I hurt the sun" → the hot sun. 10. - "The ball flew and was introduced into the network" → was introduced into the goal.

Meraai vannie Baai:
Dankie baie baie! Verstaan nou bietjie beter  :toothy4:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version